So right now I am in a stage of my life where I am rediscovering myself, who I am and defining the sort of person I want to be. This all started on October 18 2016, my 24th birthday. It hit me that my next birthday I would be 25, twenty five. TWENTY FIVE. The big TWO FIVE. I digress…
By 25, I think you should have your shit together. At 25 you should be the sort of person that:
- Makes your bed every morning
- Makes time for breakfast every morning
- Has a ‘signature look’
- Has their finances in check
- Lives within their means
- Does not go out every Friday/Saturday night (just a gentle reminder that I haven’t been out out since like 2015 #groovygrannyforverz)
- Has actual hobbies other than Netflix
- Eats avocados
- Enjoys and appreciates red wine
- Is well groomed and maintained
- Wears heels daily (but trainers to work ofc)
- Has a reasonable amount of savings
- Has at the very least started to establish their career
- Is working or/while studying
- Eats fruit because they want to not because they should
- Eats veg for the same reason above
- Can cook and bake a few things
- Does a spinning or some sort of fitness class midweek
My list could literally go on and on and on. Maybe I’m describing my idealistic world/life but minimum 25 you should have some of your shit together.
The thing is I’m 25 this year and I don’t have any savings, I don’t eat avacados, I don’t wear heels daily and I definetly don’t make my bed in the morning!
For me, it is about understanding what’s truly important to us. I think as we get older our priorities change, we learn what’s important to us and what’s not so important. I’m learning to express myself and be comfortable in my own skin, im learning to be happy with the person I am and adapting to the person I want to be.
I woke up on Thursday morning and I don’t know what happened, I felt different. That morning I had an extremely serious heart to heart with my two best friends, I spoke to a colleague at work & had a mini break down, I cried at work and It was then that I realised I do not have my shit together – like at all.
It’s Friday night, and it’s okay, I’m okay… It’s okay that I don’t know what I’m doing, that I don’t make my bed every morning, that I don’t eat avacados or go spinning because what I do have is more important to me and that’s a choice. A choice to go travelling next year, a choice to change career paths, a choice to dye my hair crazy colours, the choice to not get out of bed all day on a Saturday and that’s something that I’m lucky to have.
I’ve realised that it’s okay to not always be sure of the direction you’re going in, it’s okay if you’re going in one direction and choose to turn a different way, because this life is here to teach us and scare us and help us but nobody can guide you. We must all take our own paths and each is different and might be difficult too but nothing worth having comes easy.
Spread kindness around like glitter! 💖💫